Monday, March 16, 2009

My last day in Russia and first day in Australia.

I would like to write about my last day in Russia and first in Australia. That was at the end of December. 
Petersburg was under snow blanket. It was snowing the second day. All around was covered in snow, cars, trees, streets. City looked fantastic!!!
I was going to Moscow by train and was thinking about my childhood memories.
And then, plane after 24 hours flight arrived in Sydney. I changed into shorts and t-shirt during flight. I saw through the window red desert. 
I was met by my cousin at the airport. When I get out of the plane I was "hit" by hot weather.
My first memories from Australia were happy australian faces, who wish me Merry Christmas. I did not understand how Christmas is possible in such hot weather....
In the evening I was walking on the beach seeing new sky with new stars. That was the first time I saw Southern Cross.
I thought then that Australia would bring me a lot of surprises and new experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tatiana,
    Great reminiscences! I hope that Australia still has a lot of pleasant surprises for you. Have a lovely week-end.

    ReplyDelete